Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday

So its still August so I guess highs in the upper 90's are not shocking, but I am getting a little tired of 'em.  Bring on Isaac!

My pal Bill has run into the classic bad bureaucracy of a financial report from hell.  He had a funny charge on an out-of-common-use credit card that he ignored for several months, that ended up at a collection agency.  An $80 original charge that grew to around $175 with penalties.  When he finally figured out that it was legitimate, the train had already left the station.

His regular personal banker at the bank he's been at for 30 years had to reject a draw on his home-equity line of credit because of a report from a credit agency.  He's going to have to go clear up the ladder to clear this thing up.  Lesson to be learned:  if you have an inactive credit card out there, cancel it.  Who knows what anomaly could happen.  Ugh!

I spent the day writing and re-writing a one and a half page letter to the IRS.  At that level of production, I could never be a writer!  With no administrative assistant, I've been doing my own letters, which is ok, it just means that I beat them to death.  This was one where the essence of the argument was pretty basic, but one that required bringing in some complicated, diverse facts to get an agent to at least come close to my side. Its stressful.

Hello college football.  Kick-off tonight with South Carolina squeaking by Vanderbilt in Nashville.  Only caught a few glimpses.  The Ol' Ball Coach didn't have a team that will scare the SEC biggies. In the FWIW Department, the new Erin ain't much of an Erin.  Just sayin'.

2 and The W and I have started, albeit in baby steps, the Turkey Trot training.  Just walking two miles or so most nights.  In the heat tonight, that inward mile was a slow one for W.  Just too hot. Do dogs sweat with their tongues?  W's was streaming! 

The Fit Club exercises need to get back into the program.  I slept hard last night, but woke with back and necks issues...the first time since before FC.  That's gotta change.

No big plans for the weekend.  W and I are on our own.  Golf if Isaac cooperates.  Will advise here as the days permit.

Here's a rough pic of the moon from just a bit ago on Maplecrest.  They say that the official "blue moon" is tomorrow morning and evening.  Whatever.

The Home Page pic is one that's been here before.  It's from the road that I biked in Italy on the shores of Lake Garda, near Verona.  Beautiful country.

Make it a Good Friday.

BCOT


No comments: