Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Tuesday

Here are a couple of pics from the wedding taken by my pal Bill and/or his better-half.

This one of 3 giving the triumphant fisted-bouquet pump is a great live-action shot.  Notice the contained smile on RevKev.  Priceless.

The Elders are showing their experience at these things.  Check-out who's holding a glass of wine.

And I really like this one with my pals.  Is this a posse of questionable characters or what? Not a bad backdrop for a photo, eh?


(I am now at that spot with Blogger where I really don't have any control on the location of text.  And the way it may appear as I write, is no indication of how it may appear as published.  I think that my choice is to publish this in preliminary form, and then hope to edit after the fact when I've had a chance to view the final product.  Sorry if it comes across as choppy.  Not my choices.)

(Uh, revision after publication not effective.  Flow may suffer, but I'm not going to try to edit format. You get what you get today.)

Did I mention that the RCL did come in last week?  I think that she probably just came by to check if I had left her any dinero, and then did the sheets and some light dusting.  But it was a pleasant surprise to have the bed made when I got home on Saturday night.  She should be back on schedule tomorrow.

The Maplecrest Fit Club resumes tonight.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that our instructor will be gone for good by the end of the month, having taken a new job at a high school in Milwaukee.  Bummer.  My handicap needs to dive pretty fast to take advantage of these last few classes that remain with her.

Today is the one-year anniversary of 4 and I taking off for Bilbao.  That seems hard to believe.  (I remember like it was just a few weeks ago being hopelessly lost in that place a couple of nights.)  She has had a lot of water go under her bridge since then.  And given her fluid living situation in The Big Apple, I'd say that the current remains strong in her glide path.  Let's make her Daughter of the Day!  You've come a long way, baby!

I remember coming home from the European trip with 4 and thinking that I could get along without watching TV.  Over there, the programming selection was so limited that reading became a much more enjoyable activity.  The feeling has been much the same this week since getting home from Tahoe.  I mean, yes, the tube was on a lot there, but I really paid very little attention to the shows/Olympics being televised.  I mean, the Olympics were predominately tape-delayed, and virtually all of the other shows were re-runs.  What's the point?

I had Margret out for a short run to Hy Vee last night.  That was the first outing for probably six weeks or so.  She's not the preferred drive in extremely hot weather as she is not equipped with air conditioning.  Do they even make cars these days without A/C as a standard feature? 

Unlikely to be back on here later.  Enjoy Tuesday night.

BCOT






1 comment:

Patrick said...

Since apparently nobody passed the link along for the photos, have at it: https://picasaweb.google.com/114812544969578704664/20120728?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMnAt6b8qozywQE&feat=directlink