Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday

I'm dropping a few lines here before heading home for the evening. 

Tonight is our last Fit Club with instructor Jessi.  She starts moving her stuff to Milwaukee tomorrow, with additional trips to follow over the next week or so.  Last night was our Awards Night, with all participants receiving at least one recognition.  Fine wine on Maplecrest was shared by all.  Even a couple of passers-by out for an evening's walk.

The Big O is concluding his three-days-on-a-bus in Iowa this evening with a rally in the Village of East Davenport.  That location is just a couple of miles down the street from our office.  I'm sure that traffic will be a mess.  Too bad I have to rearrange my sock drawer before Fit Club, or I would have been a sure-attendee.  (Then again, knowing the propensities of the re-election campaign staff, my credentials would have carried a link to this blog, which would have most-certainly black-balled me from the permission list.)  (Follow-up point: is black-balled now a racist term?)

If they require ticket applications to Big O events, how is that different than voter-ID requirements?

I need to stop on the way home to claim my Powerball ticket.  I always get one when it goes to $300 million.  I could use the cash after #07282012.

ND opens the season on September 1st with a game against Navy.  In Dublin, Ireland.  I mean, I get it.  Notre Dame and the Fighting Irish.  But Ireland?  And they've done it before a few years back.  I don't have the $$$'s figured out, but there has to be money filtering back to South Bend for the trouble.  One thing to remember:  Purdue visits ND the next Saturday.  I suspect that ND will be favored.  The Irish won't cover.  You heard it here first.

I tweeted earlier today that exactly one year ago, 4 and I were making the journey from Vitoria Gasteiz in Spain  to Bagneres d' Bigorre in the French Pyrenees.  (We also stopped in Bilbao along the way to swap-out the Hertz rental that I had had the small problem with on the rear window.  Stress!!!)  Anyway, we hadn't realized that August 15th was a Holy Day (The Assumption of Mary), and we missed going through Lourdes by a fortuitous accident.  When we went through Lourdes a day later, that town was still a mess!

Props go out to 4 for getting along with another move in The Big Apple.  This time she's moving in with another couple of girls in a place over in Brooklyn.  3 reports that its a nice spot in a good neighborhood.  Maybe a little like her place in Boston, but without the extra three flights of stairs!  So 4 is Daughter of the Day again!  Good luck, Kiddo!  (Just as a refresher, Wednesday night is her Monday morning when it comes to work day comparisons.)

Maybe more later.

BCOT

1 comment:

Patrick said...

I decry you for using the term that began with "bl___". It's surely racist and I want to get out front of the denunciations.